Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 5: Famous Last Words

This week I did not do a storytelling assignment. Oddly, it was a bit more difficult for me to focus my thoughts and start writing in the same way that I did in the past. I am hoping that it was due to a time constraint. I do not want to believe that I have just run out of ideas for satisfying stories with so much left to do in the course.
Instead I spent a significant amount of time editing the first story that I wrote following Week 2, "In Dark Corners." I enjoyed writing this story. Even though it may not be perfect I am proud of this work. Typically, I do not see myself as a talented writer much less a storyteller. I watch a lot of movies and read a couple books a year. But that hardly qualifies someone as being a good storyteller. Writing these stories and receiving positive feedback from my peers reminds me of when I first started sketching. I had never had much of a talent for art as a kid. But somehow I just felt motivated to see what my work would look like if I decided to pick up a pencil. And surprisingly I was satisfied with the end result(not always but I made progress).
(How do you see the glass?)

Sometimes I think that I can't keep up with this course. But not because it is unreasonable in its deadlines but because of my weekly schedule and study habits. Even so I enjoy the class and try to stay optimistic. In spite of the work that I missed during Week 2 when I got sick I have been able to catch up by completing the extra credit assignments. I wish that all of my classes would have extra credit assignments that I could do when the regular work got too hectic or I missed a deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment