Monday, February 22, 2016

Thoughts about Comments

I have been mostly satisfied with the comments posted about how I can improve my writing. However, at times some comments seem a bit vague. For example a fellow blogger might identify a period during my story in which they were confused about the plot or dialogue (which I admit often needs work). But I think that offering their perspective on how they would structure certain lines that they find peculiar would be most helpful. That way I am not only identifying a problem with my writing but also implementing a solution almost immediately after the comment is read.
I am certainly not asking anyone to rewrite my entire story for me, but I think this method would help each of us to avoid repeating our errors in later stories.

(Fountain pen)

At the same time, I admit to posting a few vague comments of my own. I will also work on providing more sound and constructive criticism to help others improve as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment